Whilst we are known for our considered approach to high-profile landmark building schemes, we are equally at home with functional projects, where managing dilapidations and finding practical solutions to challenging situations mean that our clients can get back to full operational capacity within exacting schedules.
We were initially tasked with a dilapidations project in order to enable our client to surrender the building’s lease to the landlord but before works could start, the premises were flooded, requiring a totally different strategy, especially as the offices had been left empty for some time and there had been substantial damage throughout. External areas were very overgrown and needed to be returned to manageable levels.
WHAT WE DID:
The East On Commercial Interiors team worked closely with the landlord’s surveyors to ensure that the full project scope was captured.
• Drying out the water-damaged areas
• Replastering and redecorating
• Removal and replacement of all water-damaged carpet tiles
• Disposal of all water-damaged furniture, fixtures and fittings
• Complete replacement of rainwater guttering and downpipes plus making good to all soffit boards.
• Making good flooring, stair lobbies, landings and staircases
• Supply and install of a new ceiling grid system and tiles throughout
• Testing for mechanical systems
• Electrical isolations and strip out
• Lift engineering works
• Full electrical survey and testing plus commissioning of power and lighting
• External foliage works